Our masonry restoration team consists of specialists experienced at repointing, cleaning, repairing, and preserving historic masonry. This may include but is not limited to stone, brick, block (CMU) or poured concrete.
Our work includes:
- Analysis of the Structure and its needs to determine the appropriate traditional mortar to use
- Removal of inappropriate impermiable Portland cement product from historic masonry structures
- Repointing (or tuck pointing) of brick and stone
- Restoration of historic stucco
- Masonry cleaning
- Repair deteriorating masonry
- Repair cracks, settlement, and leaks
For more information on any of the following items, click linked text or image below.
Brick Warehouse Masonry Restoration and Repointing
Near Frederick, Maryland
Repointing Historic Brick with Lime Based Mortar
Masonry Repairs to Brick Warehouse During Repairs (Photo Courtesy of Fitzgerald's Heavy Timber Construction, Inc., 2008).
Stone Repointing and Restoration
Near Dickerson, Maryland
Repointing and Restoration of Stone Foundation, Lime Mortar
Existing stone foundation of the barn was re-pointed with an appropriate lime mortar at all exposed surfaces.
Near Woodsboro, Maryland
Repointing and Restoration Blue Stone Foundation
Areas of the building's blue stone foundation (both interior and exterior) were re-pointed using a raked joint.
New Stone Foundation For An Equipment Shed
New Stone Foundation Under Historic Outbuilding